This workshop teaches you how to organize your development process using Git and GitLab to better collaborate with others on a software project.
This workshop will cover the the following topics:
- Practical implementation of development processes using Git and GitLab
- Git advanced concepts such as branching, merging, rebasing
- GitLab advanced concepts such as merge requests, issue tracking, build pipelines
Particularly, the workshop includes a team exercise which allows you to work through the development process of our example software project.
Please see the workshop curriculum for further details.
- Basic Git skills are required. A good and quick tutorial can be found in the Software Carpentry’s Git Novice episodes 1 to 9.
- Participants require a computer equipped with a recent Git command line client, a modern Web browser, and a text editor. We will provide more detailed setup information before the workshop.
We are looking forward to seeing you!