Finally, let’s consider more intricate questions about our data set.
- Calculate the differences in air temperature from one hour to the next.
- Find the biggest rise/ drop in temperature over an hour and when they happened.
- Extrapolate daily statistics for all columns from the hourly ones.
- Come up with a metric for a “nice day” and an “awful day”. What were the most nice or awful days in your location?
- High difficulty! Find out what the most common wind directions in your location are.
Note that wind directions can be rather fuzzy values, so you might want to come with a better metric here than simply calculating the most common value.
They are given in increments of 10°.
Be aware, the wind direction wraps around after
0after the adaptations we made when cleaning the data. The approach needed here is called a circular mean, which is somewhat tricky to understand and compute. But maybe someone knows a good approach…
Hints for Solving the Task
If you are seriously stuck, you can take a look at the solution hints.