Documentation for HIFIS and the Helmholtz Cloud#
This repository summarizes all public technical and administrative documentation for Helmholtz Federated IT Services (HIFIS).
As of now (first half of 2021), the Helmholtz Cloud has been set up as pilot/beta version, aiming at a portfolio of seamlessly accessible IT services. Please also have a look at our roadmap for further details.
Note that some parts of this documentation are preliminary and will be updated in the course of building the Helmholtz Cloud.
This documentation contains documentation on the
- Authentication and Authorization Infrastructure (Helmholtz AAI),
- HIFIS Backbone core services: Transfer Service, AAI proxy
- Management of the Cloud Service Portfolio,
- The Central Access Point for the Cloud Services aka Technical Platform,
- Details on the integration of specific services.
Please contact us if you are missing any content or if you have general comments.
You are also invited to contribute to this documentation via the corresponding repository (public readable, but AAI login required for write access).