Task 8: Upgrade¶
We now equip our laboratory with a new DNA sequencer. The DNA Master 3000 has a few new gimmicks:
- It produces sequences with a length of 3000.
- When analyzing, it
- Prints the model and serial number (like the 2000-variant)
- Prints the sample it is processing
- Does the analysis
- Outputs a preview with the first 20 bases of the sequence it produced (only if the analysis added a DNA sequence to the sample)
- This new model has a functionality
run_demonstration(…)which acts as if analyzing a sample, but does not actually modify the sample and uses the fixed sequence
ACGTrepeated 5 times.
- Unlike the 2000 model it does not always arrive in a clean state
Create a new (sub-) class for this device. From which class should you inherit, if any? Which methods do need to be overridden?